Director of Development
In collaboration with the President and Sr. Vice President, Development, the Director of Development will support the development operations of Kosair for Kids.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as a central resource for giving. Work closely with all members of the mission advancement team to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and close annual, major, and planned gifts
- Personally maintain a portfolio of prospects, maintaining frequent and consistent contact with prospects, donors, volunteers, and all members of Kosair for Kids senior leadership team. Maintain and manage this portfolio in a manner that fosters a relationship that leads to philanthropic commitments to include planned giving
- Draft/prepare gift agreements, bequests, and estate planning agreements (in coordination with the appropriate staff at Kosair for Kids and Kosair for Kids legal counsel)
- Coordinate with business and community relations staff to execute development strategies for corporate, foundation, and individual members of the business community
- Develop and implement donor and prospect marketing and stewardship strategies including newsletters, seminars, and working with marketing staff to incorporate planned giving and general development messages in existing publications, web site, social media, and other marketing channels
- Work with Kosair for Kids’ event staff and development officers to conceptualize events and other activities to cultivate and steward planned gift prospects and donors
- Maintain proactive communications with colleagues to ensure effective collaborations and synergy in achieving key fundraising goals and objectives
- Properly record information about prospects and donors in Raiser’s Edge database; report activity and monitor expenditures associated with his/her portfolio
- Responsible for strategy execution and the achievement of defined performance goals
- Manage an individual prospect/donor portfolio of 100 or more assigned prospects/donors
- Conduct a minimum of 150 Meaningful Donor Encounters per year
- Serve as an ambassador for Kosair Charities in the community
- Assist with workplace campaigns and other duties as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two years development experience with track record of success
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and aptitude for learning multiple databases
- Excellent Verbal and Administrative Writing Skills
- Task oriented with ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Professional appearance
- Public Speaking experience
- Available for night and weekend work assignments
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Regular and consistent use of keyboard and mouse is necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time on occasion
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware and equipment
- Ability to work overtime as required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How To Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and at least two professional references to email@example.com.
Kosair Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.